The Armory is also home to several "Town-sponsored" annual events such as the Spring Fling Big Band Dance held in April, and the Authors and Artists Holiday Gift Sale held in December. The area's largest Zumba fitness classes are held in the Armory as well.
The structure. which resembles a castle, was built in 1915 of Port Deposit granite. At that time, it became the home of local National Guard units which served the country in several wars. In April of 1984, the building received minor restorations and was dedicated and named in the honor of late Lt. Gen. Milton A. Reckord. In August of 2004, the Armory was obtained by the Town of Bel Air and the work of renovating the building and turning it into the top-notch facility that it is today began.