Sun, December 1, 2013
Christmas in the Woods
CCA Festival of Trees
Christmas Open House
Bel Air Christmas Celebration
Mon, December 2, 2013
Town Hall Meeting
Thu, December 5, 2013
Planning Commission meeting - Cancelled
Sat, December 7, 2013
Authors & Artists Sale
Sun, December 8, 2013
Bel Air Community Band Concert
Colonial Candlelight Concert and Tea
Tue, December 10, 2013
Commissioners' Work Session
Sun, December 15, 2013
Bel Air Community Chorus Holiday Concert
Mon, December 16, 2013
Thu, December 19, 2013
Girls Night Out
Sun, December 22, 2013
Merry Tuba Christmas
Wed, December 25, 2013
Renting Town Owned Facilities
(Except Bel Air Reckord Armory)
Applications for Town events and activities must be submitted by the sponsor(s) to the Office of the Director of Administration at least sixty (60) days prior to the event. The application form may be downloaded from the Town's web site and mailed to 39 N. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, MD 21014, Attn: Administration.
for SPECIAL EVENTS APPLICATION.
for TEMPORARY STREET CLOSING PERMIT APPLICATION.
After the Director of Administration receives an application, the Director submits the application to the Events Committee for review. Each application is reviewed by the Events Committee for the following:
- Health and sanitation impacts Request for town sponsorship
- Public safety, traffic and noise control
- Approval or disapproval of the event
- Approval or disapproval of alcohol for events
- Imposition of appropriate fees
- Any conditions or stipulations
The Events Committee has the authority to approve all events and/or activities and apply conditions and associated fees, as detailed in the Town's fee schedule.
Events or activities (i.e. parades, runs) taking place on a state highway require submission of appropriate applications to the Maryland State Highway Department, in addition to the Town of Bel Air. The State Highway application should be completed at least 90 days prior to the event.
In order to protect the town's property and the safety of all who work or attend the event or activity, when approving the use of town facilities the Town maintains its authority to place additional rules, procedures, and conditions originally given to the user without notice on the day of the event.
The following properties are NOT available for rent:
- Shamrock Park and the Bandshell – This property is reserved only for Town and Bel Air Parks and Recreation sponsored event. The children's playground area is open to the general public. The Bandshell in Shamrock Park is not available to the general public. Pets and grills are not permitted in the park.
- The pavilion at Rockfield Park is open to the public on a first-come-first serve basis and may not be reserved for private parties.
- Armory Park is located on Main Street, (37 N. Main) adjacent to the Bel Air Reckord Armory. This park is open to the public and may not be reserved for private parties.
- Rockfield Playground is open to the public and may NOT be reserved for private parties.
- Park Land
All events/activities in the Town parks are to be non-alcoholic. Recreational fields/courts (i.e. baseball, tennis) are scheduled through the Bel Air Parks and Recreation Committee. Events in Shamrock Park are limited to those sponsored by the Town of Bel Air or Bel Air Parks & Recreation. Public playgrounds may not be rented and the pavilion at Rockfield Park is first come first served.