Congratulations on your new business! The Town of Bel Air is excited to have you as a part of our business community and we want to be a part of your success from the very beginning. We are happy to work with you to coordinate a ribbon cutting for your new business.
Leave the heavy lifting to us! Opening a new business is a busy time and we want to make your ribbon cutting as stress-free as possible for you. Here are the services that we offer at no cost to you as part of your ribbon cutting celebration:
- Invitations will be sent by email to Town and County officials as well as other key organizations, such as the Harford Chamber of Commerce, the Bel Air Downtown Alliance and the media
- Ribbon and ceremonial scissors will be provided on the day of the event
- Certificate of Recognition will be presented by a Town Commissioner to the business owner during the event
- Photos will be provided of the event (certificate presentations and ribbon cutting)
- Photos will be posted on our social media pages on the day of the event recognizing your ribbon cutting
- Photos will be sent to local media following the ribbon cutting
Ribbon cuttings are scheduled at a mutually convenient time during the Town’s regular business hours 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
To schedule a ribbon cutting coordinated by the Town of Bel Air, your business must:
- Be located within municipal limits (please enter address to verify)
- Have its Use and Occupancy Permit through the Department of Public Works
- Contact the Economic Development Department two-three weeks in advance of the desired date
Ribbon Cutting Request Form
Should you have any questions, please call the Economic Development Department at 410-838-0584 or reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.